Today is the last day of classes for winter quarter. I have a final exam at this table in a little while, and then it will all be over. I’m so glad. There are many things I like about this program, but getting an M.F.A is hard. It should be, I guess. I like a challenge. But I also like relaxing.
I’m looking forward to:
1) Watching a lot of Netflix. I mean a LOT of Netflix.
2) Reading books and articles that I don’t have to discuss/critique.
3) Waking up after the sun has risen.
4) Scheduling a yoga class and actually making it there.
5) Taking a road trip with Darryl who is also so busy, we’ve hardly glimpsed each other the last few months.
Somewhere in there I will also be filing taxes, submitting essays for presentation, publication and contests (which takes much longer than you would think), prepping for the new year at The Connector/SCAN Magazine and working on some freelance stuff. Ah! All this work just creeps on a girl. But I love it. I really do.